More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Air Wisconsin Airlines
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 6/27/2022 4:34:59 PM
Operating as a regional airline in the United States, Air Wisconsin Airlines performs flying services as a partner with United Airlines. Currently operating a fleet of CRJ-200 regional jets as United Express, Air Wisconsin Airlines operates throughout the Eastern and Central United States. Air Wisconsins team is dedicated to making our travelers experiences safe and pleasant.
With general direction and supervision from the Chief Inspector, the Quality Control Manager supervises and oversees Inspectors at assigned maintenance facilities. The Quality Control Manager is responsible for all aspects in effectively developing and leading assigned Inspection personnel. This position will assist the Chief Inspector in the planning and maintaining assigned budgets for the assigned maintenance facility to achieve superior results in quality.
Essential Job Functions
- Fosters and promotes Safety as a core element of the maintenance department.
- Ensures that procedures outlined in the General Maintenance Manual are followed and executed.
- Accountable and responsible for ensuring team members are adequately trained, maintain proficiency and currency, and mentors direct reports.
- Ability to coach and mentor direct reports to further advance their effectiveness and career development.
- Oversees Quality Control programs and standards at assigned maintenance facility to ensure compliance with DOT/FAA and company policies and procedures.
- Provides assistance and direction to Crew Chiefs to ensure efficient scheduling of personnel and use of assigned resources to provide maximum, effective productivity.
- Acts as Maintenance Department liaison with DOT/FAA in local matters relating to airworthiness and regulatory compliance.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships and communication with internal and external parties to ensure mutual understanding and compliance with established requirements and regulations.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of aircraft maintenance records for maintenance performed at assigned facility.
- Ensures availability and serviceability of required tooling and equipment at assigned maintenance facilities.
- Assists in resolving any quality-related problems.
- Supervises inspectors and coordinates inspector activities with maintenance operations.
- Administers the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Attendance is considered an essential responsibility
- Associate Degree in Aviation Maintenance or Engineering, or equivalent practical career experience.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license (required)*.
- Minimum of two years' experience in a FAR 121 Air Carrier environment with an emphasis on inspection functions.
- Three to five years supervisory experience.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled