More Aviation Jobs!
Company/Organization: Aviation Search Group
Position: Pilot-Fixed Wing
Job Type: Permanent
Posted: 10/21/2021 7:34:01 PM
We are working with a Part 91 flight department to find a G550 Lead Captain to add to their team. The position will be based in the Northeast US. The Lead Captain is responsible for developing and sustaining a business and private aviation operation and organization consistent with industry best-practices. The Lead Captain guides the Corporate Flight Department and is responsible for the safe, secure, and efficient operation of all company aircraft. S/he ensures alignment of the Aviation department with Company objectives. S/he champions aviation by maximizing the productive use of senior executive time for both business and personal pursuits, thus enabling effective interface and in-person meetings at geographically dispersed locations.
- Directs other company pilots and interfaces well with the Aviation Director of Maintenance.
- Has responsibility for the development, implementation and administration of all policies and procedures for flight operations in compliance with the Company Aviation Flight Operations Manual (FOM) and all applicable local, state, federal and international regulatory requirements.
- In concert with the Aviation Reporting Executive (ARE), the Lead Captain contributes to the establishment of the Vision, Mission, Values, Leadership Competencies, and annual Operating Plan for the Aviation organization, with specific focus on safety and service, as well as operating and fiscal performance. S/he works with the ARE to ensure that effective talent attraction, development and retention programs are in place and utilized.
- The Lead Captain has overall responsibility for Flight Operations, as well as Aviation related Business Administration and Executive Office interface. S/he is responsible for the department-wide implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, including the Safety Management System (SMS).
- Develops and administers company programs with the Flight Operations Team members, such as performance management, individual development, and goal setting.
- His/her leadership style is characterized by integrity and honesty; humility and a reserved ego; collaboration and a team orientation; and rapid cadence producing effective, constructive outcomes in routinely high-pressure situations. Crisp, and decisive decision making, often with limited knowledge, is a key success factor.
- Assures compliance with and monitors changes in all applicable local, state, federal and international regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the procurement of all aviation support services, including supplemental lift, weather and other needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Aviation, business or relevant discipline.
- Certified Aviation Manager (CAM) designation preferred.
- Minimum five years as a Captain or Senior Captain.
- 3000 hours Total Time Preferred.
- Type Rating for Gulfstream 550 #8211; Minimum of 250 hours Time in Type,
- Class I or II Medical.
- Knowledge of FAA, ICAO, IRS, CBP, TSA, and SEC regulations.
- Exceptional interpersonal, influencing, oral and written communication skills that engage key stakeholder groups and produce desired outcomes both within the aviation organization and at the corporate level.